OMNIA MEA MECUM PORTO
"I carry with me all my things"
Alberta's 100th Birthday
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
September 1st is the Anniversary of Alberta's becoming a province. Lots of parties and celebrations going on today. Alberta Centeneray Website. Also seen recently - bumper sticker "100 years is Enough!"
A Googley e-mail issue colecoop@gmail.com - cole.cooper@ gmail.com and colecooper@gmail.com O nce upon a time - October 6, 2004 to be exact - I was one of the first users of Google email beta after getting an invite for the Beta. At the time - I had a Hotmail address for Obandrinker@homtail.com, plus a Shaw @ home address. So after a few minutes in the old system, I ended up with my name in gmail as cole.cooper@gmail.com . Using that account, I set up this blog and my Google+ services, and my Google Plus page. And there the fun begins. Back in 2004 there were not many Cole Coopers on the internet. It was a fairly uncommon name. There are a lot more now. There is a football player Cole Cooper on Twitter at @coopball, There is even a Marvel Cole Cooper character at the Daily Bugle. Facebook pages, and a colecooper.com Which is fine - I don't mind, they seem to have the right guy on their email addresses and I'm not va...
A personal decision based on privacy, security, and freedom Hello, dear readers. I have some important news to share with you today. I have decided to move my online communication and social media presence to Telegram, a messaging app that offers end-to-end encryption, cloud-based storage, and many features that Facebook lacks. I have been using Facebook for a long time but have grown increasingly dissatisfied with its policies, practices, and performance. In this blog post, I will explain why I made this decision and what benefits I expect to gain from it. Why I'm leaving Facebook There are many reasons why I'm leaving Facebook, but the main ones are related to privacy, security, and freedom. Let me elaborate on each of them. · Privacy: Facebook has a terrible record of respecting its users' privacy. It collects personal data from its users, such as their location, contacts, browsing history, preferences, and more. It also shares...
Cole’s Notes & Substack: Something New Is in the Ink “Never pick a fight with people who buy ink by the barrel.” That was the old rule of the press. Today, the barrels are digital, the presses run on servers, and the advice is simpler: never pick a fight with someone who has a Substack. I’m currently in the engine room getting things organized for the season ahead, refreshing this site, and connecting all the moving parts. The new Substack will be called View From the Plateau . If you want to get ahead of the curve, you can subscribe early right here: 👉 Subscribe to the New Substack Publication The archive is quiet at this very moment while the plumbing gets hooked up, but fresh essays, reported pieces, and regular dispatches are rolling out this fall.
Comments