A Googley e-mail issue colecoop@gmail.com - cole.cooper@ gmail.com and colecooper@gmail.com O nce upon a time - October 6, 2004 to be exact - I was one of the first users of Google email beta after getting an invite for the Beta. At the time - I had a Hotmail address for Obandrinker@homtail.com, plus a Shaw @ home address. So after a few minutes in the old system, I ended up with my name in gmail as cole.cooper@gmail.com . Using that account, I set up this blog and my Google+ services, and my Google Plus page. And there the fun begins. Back in 2004 there were not many Cole Coopers on the internet. It was a fairly uncommon name. There are a lot more now. There is a football player Cole Cooper on Twitter at @coopball, There is even a Marvel Cole Cooper character at the Daily Bugle. Facebook pages, and a colecooper.com Which is fine - I don't mind, they seem to have the right guy on their email addresses and I'm not va...
February 6, 2020 Islam's Hidden Role in the Transatlantic Slave Trade By Raymond Ibrahim From its inception, Islam's history with the West has been one of unwavering antagonism and seismic clashes , often initiated by the former. By the standards of history, nothing between the two civilizations is as well documented as this long war . Accordingly, for more than a millennium, both educated and not so educated Europeans knew — the latter perhaps instinctively — that Islam was a militant creed that for centuries attacked and committed atrocities in their homelands, all in the name of "holy war," or jihad . These facts have been radically "updated" in recent times. According to the dominant narrative — as upheld by mainstream media and Hollywood, pundits and politicians, academics and "experts" of all stripes — Islam was historically progressive and peaceful, whereas premodern Europe was fanatical and predatory. ...
Cole’s Notes & Substack: Something New Is in the Ink “Never pick a fight with people who buy ink by the barrel.” That was the old rule of the press. Today, the barrels are digital, the presses run on servers, and the advice is simpler: never pick a fight with someone who has a Substack. I’m currently in the engine room getting things organized for the season ahead, refreshing this site, and connecting all the moving parts. The new Substack will be called View From the Plateau . If you want to get ahead of the curve, you can subscribe early right here: 👉 Subscribe to the New Substack Publication The archive is quiet at this very moment while the plumbing gets hooked up, but fresh essays, reported pieces, and regular dispatches are rolling out this fall.
Comments