Saturday and Windows 7

I’ve been playing with the Beta all week, and am pleasantly surprised.  I also loaded the Windows Live Essentials, and have been playing with some other non-Microsoft goodies.  For example, iTunes.  It runs wonderfully on the new OS – Windows 7 seems to have so much less clutter than XP or Vista.

One of the features I’m really enjoying is the new version of the Messenger in the Windows live essentials. Along with the Live mail – I’m not missing outlook on this machine – although I only have my hotmail account in the mail software. 

As with any Beta on a test Mule – I’m using it sporadically. Getting my work done on the main machine – with the test mule notebook sitting on the side of the desk – occasionally using it with the interrupters on it.  So far – in addition to iTunes and Messenger, I’m setting up Twhirl for my twittering and doing some Facebook stuff.  Mainly the social networking sites and the other things that keep popping up while I’m working.

Plus adding in plug-ins to the Live writer so I can write once and mini-post many places.  I’ll have some more details on that once it gets rolling.

 

UPDATE: Just added the Twitter link add in – this should now link to my www.twitter.com/colecoop

Comments

Popular Posts