What is going on with Cole's Notes?

Welcome to 2020

Cooper's Place 1957
When a leftist talks about “everything is politics” they ignore that for most people, the freedom not to spend a significant part of your time deliberating about politics is part of what it is to live life as a free citizen.

Cole's Notes 2020










“Of course, as long as there were willing followers, there would be exploitive leaders. And there would be willing followers until humanity reached that philosophical plateau where it recognized that its great mission in life had nothing to do with any struggle between classes, races, nations, or ideologies, but was, instead, a personal quest to enlarge the soul, liberate the spirit, and light up the brain. On that quest, politics was simply a roadblock of stentorian baboons."

Well - welcome to the roaring '20s.

So here it is, my first post of 2020.  It's been maturing in me all this last year.  For me, 2019 was a down year for writing and posting.  Mainly due to the fact I have been working to keep the wolf from the door, so I've been doing nothing in the journalism and writing part of my life, and almost nothing in photography.  I've been sitting on the sidelines lurking in social media sites and generally not contributing to discussions.  Facebook monitoring, RSS feeds and some twitter stuff - mainly to do with Canadian politics and general sharing of pictures and memes like most folks.

One of the things I did this last day or so - is to update the software on my systems and empty out the "Draft" section of my Blog to get ready for the new year.  Why? Because in the last year, I've not been happy with some of the journalism I've seen lately in what used to be called "The Press." So one of my resolutions for the new year and decade is to get back to writing and doing journalism.

I have the technology - I know how to use it and I should use it.  Not only to write but to publish, curate news and opinion that is being silenced by the "woke" media generation. A long time ago, a pundit said about William Randolf Hurst, the newspaper magnate.

"You should never get into an argument with a man who buys ink by the barrel." 


Referring of course, to the power back then that newspapers had as gatekeepers and formers of opinion, and the political power they wielded. Today, that power has shifted to the technologies of the information age. I would revise the aphorism to:

"Never get into an argument with a kid with a million followers on YouTube."


In the early days of the Internet, back when discussions went online though services like AOL, Compuserve, and dial-up bulletin boards there where what used to be called "Flame Wars" which were juvenile and mainly coming from bored computer sysops at universities, or hackers. Most hackers tended to be the pampered upper-class kids of professionals, who had access to the computing and financial resources of the best universities to play around with the technologies.

Now today - the technologies have fallen in price to the point where any tin-foil hat anarchist activist can put up a virtual tin cup on the internet to finance their silliness.

"You know - my bank account was hacked the other day"
"Oh no - how much did they get?"
"Well, after the hacker saw what was in there - he started me a GoFundMe page."😉😀  

Comments

Popular Posts