Cole’s Notes - the Sunday Journalist

Introducing The Sunday Journalist

 C. Mark Cooper

As you can tell - there wasn't much going on in 2022 for my Blogging. I did (and still do) most of my posting on Facebook. Both Quotes of the day and Column of the day are part of what I have been doing as a hobbyist communication and content creation blogger. But I have been spending more time reading and cross-posting than creating. Passing on other people's writing rather than creating my own.

While it gave me a more significant following and audience than posting in the Cole's Notes Blog, I was doing it the lazy way by using my iPhone to curate and post on Twitter and Facebook. I was spending more time browsing Facebook and Quora than doing any writing for myself. So today - I'm starting to revise this Blog and my online profiles to reflect my new Pen name.

Well, back in 2020 - I was working two jobs unrelated to journalism and had reached the age where I look back on what I'm doing with my life.
I'm a visual communicator - they call folks like me these days. My lifelong dream was to be a LIFE magazine photographer/reporter in the long-ago days. 

Well, back when I entered Journalism school - it was the year that LIFE magazine folded.😒 However, I persevered and came out of SAIT and went to work at the Calgary Herald as a Colour Lab Technician and News Photographer. Following a career in the IT/Telecom industry in Operations Management - I started writing and blogging in my spare time. 
 
Then, I moved on to corporate communications, project management and document management for IT, using my skills in writing and photography. And as such, I picked up a lot of skills in Business, Telecommunications and IT. Not to mention Photography and Graphic Arts skills, including film processing and desktop publishing. All of which I've used to create and manage websites, intranets, and corporate IT and Telecom networks. So I have profiles on Linkedin, Twitter, Gmail, et al. that need to be cleaned up, and I want to expand my writing to other pages.


The original Cole Cooper
Cole's Notes Blog at https://colecoop.blogspot.com

LinkedIn Profile https://ca.linkedin.com/in/colecooper











Comments

Popular Posts