Howstuffworks "How IP Telephony Works"
Some basics - as I recently outlined - in addition to the how VoIP works - here are some Bell West definitions of how things are.......
Prime buildings "Bell owns a suitable active digital electrical or optical telecommunications connection between the customer premises and the designated POP and that the service is ready.
OR
Bell has begun development of suitable facilities to the building and will be service ready within a defined timeframe. If necessary, the interim solution will be to lease the access from a Facility Access Supplier (FAS) and expedite the building completion.
OR
Bell has installed fibre to the building - in this situation, customer opportunities will be assessed on an individual case basis to determine if services will be provisioned via fibre or through the co-locate."
Prime Buildings offer services based on the equipment we have placed in a particular building, what type of POP (Point-...
Popular posts from this blog
Cole's Notes 2020 - updating my site and getting things organized.
On being a "Retired" Journalist So here it is 2020 - I got out of 2019 with minimal damage. As you can tell - there's wasn't much going on on in 2019 for my Blogging. I did (and still do) most of my posting on Facebook. Both Quotes of the day and Column of the day are part of what I have been doing as a hobbyist communication and content creation blogger. But I have been spending more time reading and cross-posting than creating. Passing on other people's writing rather than creating my own. I was trying to build an audience and connect to more folks as well. While it did give me a more significant following and audience than posting in the Cole's Notes Blog was doing I was doing it it was the lazy man way by using my iPhone to curate and post on Twitter and Facebook. Also, I linked the Blog to my Cooper's place page on Facebook and G+. Well, for 2020, I'm updating all this stuff to cut back on the Social Media to spend more time doing...
The Moon Under Water
The Moon Under Water by George Orwell Evening Standard, 9 February 1946 My favourite public-house, the Moon Under Water, is only two minutes from a bus stop, but it is on a side-street, and drunks and rowdies never seem to find their way there, even on Saturday nights. Its clientele, though fairly large, consists mostly of "regulars" who occupy the same chair every evening and go there for conversation as much as for the beer. If you are asked why you favour a particular public-house, it would seem natural to put the beer first, but the thing that most appeals tome about the Moon Under Water is what people call its "atmosphere." To begin with, its whole architecture and fittings are uncompromisingly Victorian. It has no glass-topped tables or other modern miseries, and, on the other hand, no sham roof-beams, ingle-nooks or plastic panels masquerading as oak. The grained woodwork, the ornamental mirrors behind the bar, the cast-iron f...


Comments