A personal decision based on privacy, security, and freedom Hello, dear readers. I have some important news to share with you today. I have decided to move my online communication and social media presence to Telegram, a messaging app that offers end-to-end encryption, cloud-based storage, and many features that Facebook lacks. I have been using Facebook for a long time but have grown increasingly dissatisfied with its policies, practices, and performance. In this blog post, I will explain why I made this decision and what benefits I expect to gain from it. Why I'm leaving Facebook There are many reasons why I'm leaving Facebook, but the main ones are related to privacy, security, and freedom. Let me elaborate on each of them. · Privacy: Facebook has a terrible record of respecting its users' privacy. It collects personal data from its users, such as their location, contacts, browsing history, preferences, and more. It also shares...
Cole’s Notes & Substack: Something New Is in the Ink “Never pick a fight with people who buy ink by the barrel.” That was the old rule of the press. Today, the barrels are digital, the presses run on servers, and the advice is simpler: never pick a fight with someone who has a Substack. I’m currently in the engine room getting things organized for the season ahead, refreshing this site, and connecting all the moving parts. The new Substack will be called View From the Plateau . If you want to get ahead of the curve, you can subscribe early right here: 👉 Subscribe to the New Substack Publication The archive is quiet at this very moment while the plumbing gets hooked up, but fresh essays, reported pieces, and regular dispatches are rolling out this fall.
Warmists Think We're Stupid By Ross Kaminsky on 10.4.11 @ 6:09AM Humans live in deserts and in the Arctic. We live in places like Denver and Chicago, each of which will see temperatures over more than a 100-degree (F) range in the course of a year -- and routinely a 30 or 40 degree range in a day (or 20 in an hour) in the mountains and deserts. ….. We invent air conditioning and efficient heating systems. We have nearly eliminated smallpox and polio, two of the greatest scourges of eras past. In other words, we adapt to our environment -- in those cases when we can't adapt our environment to us. For that reason, it defies common sense to believe that man-made global warming, even if it were real , would have the devastating impact that its anti-capitalist, wealth-redistributionist proponents claim…. ….it's also because the solutions proposed, i.e. to stop using energy, are based on an obvious, even if never-ever-ever-ever-stated by the left, premise that people who l...
Comments